WCSM holds regular “Eye-To-Eye” events for members, giving us a chance to learn and exchange ideas. There is a mix of general and optically-related subjects so no-one is excluded from joining in. Guests are welcome, by invitation from an existing member or by application to the office.
Over the last few months, events have included:
– a multi-disciplinary discussion on “What good has Covid-19 brought to working practice?” and a look at how eye health professionals have gone beyond their usual roles to help develop testing for COVID.
– a discussion on the valuable work done by volunteers in a range of settings
– a webinar on International Perspectives in Eye Health with representatives from IAPB, the World Council of Optometry, the Optometry Council of India and National Vision Inc.
– a session giving practical advice on helping people with a dementia
– a webinar on the history and provenance of items from the collection of the British Optical Association Museum at the College of Optometrists.
You can read the reports from some of those sessions below.
Dates for future events appear in the Calendar on our Home page.