The Spectacle Makers’ Charity
We are a grant giving organisation supporting better vision for all.
We aim to improve the lives of people with vision impairment and support those who treat eye health.
Charity is an essential part of Livery Company life. The Spectacle Makers’ Charity aims to achieve its mission through:
- bursaries for new optical students
- support for pilot small scale research studies
- education and employment opportunities for people with little or no vision
- training to increase eye health care provision in underdeveloped areas of the world
- prizes and awards for research
- improving access to sports, leisure and culture for vision-impaired people
We are a charity registered in England and Wales number 1186122.